The 2007-08 Annual Report of the Tennessee Judiciary also has some interesting statistics on appeals. Here are some of the highlights:
- There were 793 Rule 11 applications filed during the fiscal year. ( A Rule 11 application is a request for the Tennessee Supreme Court to hear a discretionary appeal.) How many were granted? 48.
- Number of certified questions accepted by the Court in the fiscal year? 3
- Total number of Court of Appeals opinions released during the fiscal year? 753 (more than one per week per judge).
- Petitions to rehear filed in the Court of Appeals? 101 Number granted? 15
- Total number of Rule 9 (interlocutory appeal) and Rule 10 (extraordinary appeal) applications filed in the Court of Appeals? 106 Number granted? 22
- Total number of Rule 9 and Rule 10 applications filed in the Supreme Court? 50 Number granted? 6