OK – so it is a recycled joke. Most of them are.
How many Bush administration officials does it take to change a light bulb? Ten
1. One to deny that a light bulb needs to be changed;
2. One to attack the patriotism of anyone who says the light bulb needs
to be changed;
3. One to blame Clinton for burning out the light bulb;
4. One to arrange the invasion of a country rumored to have a secret
stockpile of light bulbs;
5. One to give a billion dollar no-bid contract to Halliburton for the
new light bulb;
6. One to arrange a photograph of Bush, dressed as a janitor,
standing on a step ladder under the banner: Light Bulb Change Accomplished;
7. One administration insider to resign and write a book documenting
in detail how Bush was literally in the dark;
8. One to viciously smear #7;
9. One surrogate to campaign on TV and at rallies on how George Bush
has had a strong light-bulb-changing policy all along;
10. And finally one to confuse Americans about the difference between
screwing a light bulb and screwing the country.
I read this at AMERICAblog.
I think they missed one –
11. One to blame greedy trial lawyers for making the price of light bulbs so high because of outrageous products liability verdicts like the McDonald’s case (error intended).