Stats About Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases and Verdicts in Maury County, Tennessee

Information is now available on the number of personal injury and wrongful death trials and jury verdicts in Maury County, Tennessee for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2022.

There were 157 personal injury and wrongful death cases closed in Maury County (not including health care liability act cases) and no personal injury or wrongful death trials.  Here is how that compares with prior years:



Over the years, about 1% of closed cases result in a trial  When your client asks you “what are the odds my Maury County personal injury case will go to trial” you can say that, on average, 99% of filed cases are resolved (through voluntary dismissal, dismissal on motion, or settlement) before a jury verdict or judgment is announced.

There have only seven personal injury and wrongful death trials (five jury, two nonjury)  in Maury County in the last six fiscal years.  The date reveals that the plaintiff has not made a financial recovery in any trial.   Here is the data in a graph:



Is this data accurate?  Well, it is what was reported to the Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts.  I will say that many, many Tennessee counties have not had a verdict for the plaintiff in the last six years.

You can find information about trials and verdicts in tort cases for every county in Tennessee by visiting the Free Resources at www.birddoglaw.comClick on this link to find a list of every county in the state, click on the relevant county, and go to “Case Statistics.”  (Note:  we are still inputting the 2021-22 data so some counties will have data only through June 30, 2021.  All information will be complete before May 1.


Contact Information